CUSD # 7 Basic Reopening Plan
The IDPH and Illinois State Board of Education may be updating guidance soon so we are going to hold off on specific building plans. Building specific information will be provided in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience in the matter.
A summary of the major points of our current plan are as follows:
• Unit 7 will provide full in-school learning five days per week with shortened school days. School buildings will open at 7:40am each morning.
Unity East & Unity West Elementary hours will be from 8:15 - 1:30pm. Lunch will be provided on-site. Students not attending in-person instruction will be provided guided remote learning.
Unity Jr. High/High School hours will be from 8:20-12:30. Grab and go lunch will be provided / guided remote learning from 1:00-3:00
Parents or guardians who choose not to have their child attend for in-person instruction will need to notify individual schools at registration. Students will be provided guided remote learning for the semester.
- Our first day of school for students is planned for August 19, 2020.
- All students are expected to attend school daily and follow the CUSD #7 School Reopening Plan. Students not following the guidelines cannot attend school. Students with medical notes regarding attendance will be placed on at-home remote learning plans.
- Participation in extracurricular activities at the Junior High and High School requires that students attend in-person learning.
- Everyone in school will be required to wear masks/face coverings when around others - we are planning for breaks during the school day for students to safely remove masks (with social distancing).
- All students that ride a bus to school will be required to show the driver a daily Covid-19 signature pass that certifies the student is COVID-19 symptom free and has had their temperature checked by a parent or guardian. Unit 7 will do daily temperature checks at all facilities.
- If a student or employee tests positive for COVID-19, they will follow doctor’s orders, be out of school for at least fourteen days, and can return upon the presentation of a doctor’s note.
- Students or employees that were in close contact (defined as without a mask and within six feet for more than fifteen minutes) of an individual with a positive COVID-19 test will be required to self-quarantine based on contact tracing and follow the Unit 7 COVID-19 Return to School Health Plan.
- Social distancing in school will include adjusted classroom seating, no groupings or gatherings of more than 50 individuals at any one time, limited transitions, single direction sides of hallways, and staggered class dismissals.
- Additional classroom and building cleaning protocols will be in place.
We are in need of additional substitute teachers, custodians, and cooks. Please contact the Unit 7 Central Office for more information at (217) 485-6510.
Go to your child’s schools specific web page for more information in the coming weeks. Building-level plans will be shared on July 31.
Registration information will be made available July 24.
Please understand all of this is subject to change if/when guidance changes from ISBE, IDPH or the Governor’s office.